Support DocumentsMSDS PDS GHS SDS
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
CONTAINS VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS and 1-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidinone
CONTAINS MATERIAL THAT MAY CAUSE ADVERSE REPRODUCTIVE EFFECTS AND MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT THE DEVELOPING FETUS BASED ON ANIMAL DATA. VAPOR HARMFUL.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE
Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.This product must be mixed with other components before use. Before opening the package.
Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
For Wood Substrates Only.
Non ambering. Commercial durability. Under 125 VOC. Exceptional flow and leveling. Single component, no waste. Available in Satin, Semi Gloss and Gloss sheens.
- NATURAL FLOORS: Sand and prepare floor according to NWFA recommended methods. Finish abrading with a 120 or 150 grit pad or equivalent. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water dampened cloth to remove all dust. Apply 1 coat of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Sealer and 2 coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Floor Finish.
- STAINED FLOORS: Sand and prepare floor according to NWFA recommended methods. Finish abrading with a 100 grit pad or equivalent. Do not use steel wool. Apply DuraSeal® Penetrating Stain or DuraSeal® Quick Coat according to label directions. Apply 2 coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Floor Finish over thoroughly dried stain.
- PREVIOUSLY FINISHED FLOORS: Note: Do not apply over wax, lacquer, stains or shellac containing wax or stearates. Be certain floor is free from all wax or oily residue. Clean and abrade floor using the DuraSeal® Pre-Treat System. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water-dampened cloth to remove all dust. Apply 2 coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Floor Finish. DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Floor Finish will adhere to most stains and finishes after proper preparation. Always prepare a sample or test area to determine compatibility.
Directions for Use
Be certain all material is at room temperature. Invert finish bottle 8-10 times to thoroughly mix product prior to use. Use a synthetic bar applicator to provide the smoothest finish. Best results are achieved when ambient temperatures are between 50° and 90° F, and humidity below 80%. NOTE: If applying to white oak, use 2 coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Sealer.
Be certain all material is at room temperature. Use a synthetic T-bar applicator to provide the smoothest finish. Best results are achieved when ambient temperatures are between 50°F and 90°F, and humidity below 80%. NOTE: If applying to white oak, two coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Sealer are recommended.
- Pour a 5-6"; wide line of finish along the starting wall, going with the grain of the wood.
- Using a clean, dampened applicator, draw the finish toward the opposite wall going with the grain of the wood. Holding the applicator at a "snowplow" angle will maintain a wet edge at all times.
- As you approach the end of the run, turn the applicator toward you and pad out excess material parallel to the wet edge.
- Feather out all turns.
- Apply DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Floor Finish at 500 sq. ft. per gallon to achieve proper film build and prevent lapping and applicator marks.
- Allow first coat to dry 2-3 hours. Extended dry time is required with high humidity and low temperature conditions.
- Abrade floor lightly with a used DuraSeal® Pre-Treat pad. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water-dampened cloth to remove all dust. Abrading is not required for additional coats if the finish is applied within 24 hours of the previous coat.
Light foot traffic is acceptable after 24 hours. Do not expose the finish to rugs, cleaners, spills or heavy traffic for one week. Dry times are based on conditions of 77°F and 50% relative humidity at the recommended application rates.
Tools should be cleaned with warm water.
Apply at 500 sq. ft. per gal.
Use walk-off mats at all entrance doorways to keep dirt and grit to a minimum. Sweep or vacuum daily and damp wipe as needed with DuraSeal® Hardwood Floor Cleaner. Do not use all-purpose cleaner/degreaser products.
Store at room temperature. If stored at high temperature, cool to room temperature before use. Keep from freezing. Product is unusable if frozen. Maximum VOC: 125 g/L (0.84 lb/gal). Do not thin.
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately. This product must be mixed with other components before use. Before opening the packages.
|Type||Size||Prod. No.||Qty||MSDS||PDS||GHS SDS|
|Solvent||Water, Tripropylene glycol n-butyl ether|
|Luster (@ 60°)||
|ASTM D 523|
|ASTM D 523|
|ASTM D 523|
|No. of coats||2 - 3|
|ASTM D 1640 &|
|Dry film thickness||0.6 mil/coat|
|Flash point||>>212®F (SETAFLASH*)||SETAFLASH*|
|>||ASTM D 3828|
|Applicator||Natural bristle or foam brush, lambswool or synthetic pad|
|VOC (grams/liter)||100 maximum||ASTM D 3960|
|Coverage (sq. ft/gal)||Approx. 500-600|
|% Solids||29.0 - 33.0||ASTM D 2369|
|Pounds/gallon||8.65 ® 8.76|
|pH||7.00 ® 9.00|
|Viscosity (centipoises)||90 ® 155|
*SETAFLASH is a registered trademark of Stanhope-Seta Limited.