A transparent, tough, oil-based finish formulated to provide excellent durability and remarkable stain resistance. DuraSeal® Polyurethane gives wood floors depth and richness while protecting them from dirt and spills. Available in satin, gloss, and semi-gloss sheens.
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping, or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
NEW WOOD FLOORS
- Properly prepare surface according to NWFA specifications.
- Seal with DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish or DuraSeal® Quick-Dry Sealer according to label directions. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Stir product well before and occasionally during use. Apply DuraSeal® Polyurethane with a brush or lambs wool applicator in thin coats, at a coverage rate of 500 square feet per gallon (750 square feet per gallon for 450 VOC compliant product). NOTE: Application of thicker coats results in extended drying time.
- Allow to dry at least eight hours. Abrade with a maroon pad with sanding strips or a 120 grit screen. If allowed to dry more than 24 hours abrade thoroughly. Tack floor with a cloth moistened with mineral spirits to remove dust. Apply a second coat of DuraSeal® Polyurethane in the same manner as the first [step three above].
- If desired, additional coats of DuraSeal® Polyurethane may be applied. Allow each coat to dry at least 8 hours. Abrade with a maroon pad with sanding strips or a 120 grit screen between each coat. If allowed to dry more than 24 hours, abrade thoroughly.
SCREEN AND RECOAT
- Clean floors with an abrasive pad moistened with mineral spirits to remove all grease, oil, dirt, and soap residue. Screen using No. 100 grit screen. NOTE: Do not apply DuraSeal® Polyurethane over floors previously finished with shellac, lacquer, wax or stains containing stearates or wax.
- Proceed from step 3 under New Wood Floors.
OLD WOOD FLOORS
- Sand the floor to bare wood according to NWFA approved methods. Make sure to remove all existing stain and finish.
- Remove all dust with a broom and/or vacuum and tack floor with a cloth moistened with mineral spirits.
- Proceed from step 2 under New Wood Floors.
DuraSeal® Polyurethane will have an ambering effect when applied over light colored surfaces. Do not apply DuraSeal® Polyurethane over floors previously finished with wax, shellac, lacquer, or stains containing wax or stearates. Allow extra drying time when applying over floors that have been stained. Do not use steel wool or burnish the surface before applying DuraSeal® Polyurethane. Do not apply DuraSeal® Polyurethane during extremely cold or humid weather. Do not close off ventilation after applying DuraSeal® Polyurethane. Always screen lightly between coats.
Approximately 8 hours. Allow to dry overnight for light traffic. Allow to dry for 30 days before replacing furniture and rugs. NOTE: Drying time will be increased by high humidity, low temperature, lack of air movement or applying too heavily.
Approximately 500 square feet per gallon. [750 square feet per gallon for 450 VOC compliant product].
Clean equipment with paint thinner, turpentine or mineral spirits.
Place door mats at all exterior doors. Apply plastic or felt tips to all furniture. Wipe up spills as soon as possible. Vacuum or dust mop periodically to remove dust and grit. DuraSeal® Hardwood Floor Cleaner can be used to remove stubborn stains and dirt.
|TYPE||SIZE||PROD. NO.||QTY||PDS||GHS SDS|
|SEMI-GLOSS 450 VOC||5 GAL||35506000||1||PDS||SDS|
|SATIN 450 VOC||5 GAL||35503000||1||PDS||SDS|
|GLOSS 450 VOC||5 GAL||35501000||1||PDS||SDS|
|SEMI-GLOSS (3.8) 450 VOC||GAL||35003000||4||PDS||SDS|
|GLOSS (3.8) 450 VOC||GAL||35002000||4||PDS||SDS|
|SATIN (3.8) 450 VOC||GAL||35001000||4||PDS||SDS|