350 VOC Polyurethane
Support DocumentsMSDS PDS
WARNING! COMBUSTIBLE! VAPOR HARMFUL. IRRITATES EYES, SKIN AND RESPIRATORY TRACT
CAUTIONS: Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away from heat and open flame. CONTAINS: ALIPHATIC HYDORCARBONS.
VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH/MSHA TC23C or equivalent) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM EXPOSURE. Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or reproductive harm.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
DuraSeal® Polyurethane 350 VOC is a clear oil-based, durable protective finish specially formulated for hardwood floors.
Available in Satin, Semi-Gloss and Gloss.
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
Polyurethane will have an ambering effect when applied over light colored surfaces. Do not apply Polyurethane over floors previously finished with wax, shellac containing wax, lacquer, or stains containing wax or stearates. STIR WELL BEFORE AND OCCASIONALLY DURING USE
New Wood Floors
- Properly prepare surface according to NWFA specifications.
- If desired, apply DuraSeal® Quick Coat or DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish according to label directions. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Apply Polyurethane with a brush or a lambswool applicator in thin coats at a coverage rate of 500 square feet per gallon. NOTE: Application of thicker coats results in extended dry time.
- Allow to dry at least 8 hours. Abrade thoroughly using DuraSeal® Pre-Treat Pad. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a cloth moistened with mineral spirits to remove dust. Apply a second coat of Polyurethane in the same manner as the first (step 3 above).
- If desired, additional coats of Polyurethane may be applied. Allow each coat to dry at least 8 hours. Abrade thoroughly between each coat using a DuraSeal® Pre-Treat Pad.
Screen and Recoat
- Clean floors with an abrasive pad moistened with mineral spirits to remove all grease, oil, dirt, and soap residue. Screen using No. 100 grit screen. NOTE: Do not apply DuraSeal® Polyurethane over floors previously finished with shellac, lacquer, wax or stains containing stearates or wax.
- Proceed from step 3 under New Wood Floors.
Old Wood Floors
- Sand the floor to bare wood according to NWFA approved methods. Make sure to remove all existing stain and finish.
- Remove all dust with a broom and/or vacuum and tack floor with a cloth moistened with mineral spirits.
- Proceed from step 2 under New Wood Floors.
Approximately 8 hours. Allow to dry overnight for light traffic. Allow to dry 48 hours before replacing furniture and rugs. NOTE: Drying time will be increased by high humidity, low temperature, lack of air movement or applying too heavily.
Approximately 500 square feet per gallon.
DANGER: Rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product, and sanding residue may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Immediately place rags, steel wool, other waste soaked with this product, and sanding residue in a sealed, water-filled, metal container. Dispose of in accordance with local fire regulations.
For easy cleanup, use mineral spirits or paint thinner, following manufacturer's safety instructions.
Nonphotochemically reactive. Do not thin.
|Resin type||Linseed Oil-Modified Polyurethane|
|Luster (@ 60°)||
|ASTM D 523|
|ASTM D 523|
|ASTM D 523|
|No. of coats||2 - 3|
|ASTM D 1640 &|
|Dry film thickness||1.0 mil/coat|
|Flash point||>>101®F (SETAFLASH*)||SETAFLASH*|
|>||ASTM D 3828|
|Applicator||Natural bristle or lambswool|
|VOC (grams/liter)||350 maximum||ASTM D 3960|
|Coverage (sq. ft/gal)||Approx. 500|
|% Solids||50.0 - 56.0||ASTM D 2369|
|Pounds/gallon||7.8 - 8.0|
|Viscosity (centipoises)||100 - 180|
*SETAFLASH is a registered trademark of Stanhope-Seta Limited.
|GLOSS 350 VOC||GAL||313000000||4||MSDS||PDS|
|SEMI GLOSS 350 VOC||GAL||313050000||4||MSDS||PDS|
|SATIN 350 VOC||GAL||313100000||4||MSDS||PDS|
|GLOSS 350 VOC||5 GAL||353000000||1||MSDS||PDS|
|SEMI GLOSS 350 VOC||5 GAL||353050000||1||MSDS||PDS|
|SATIN 350 VOC||5 GAL||353100000||1||MSDS||PDS|
|Proprietary||Soya Alkyd Polymer|
|112926-00-8||Amorphous Precipitated Silica (Satin and Semi-Gloss)|