Quick Coat 2-Hour Penetrating Finish
Support DocumentsPDS GHS SDS
CAUTIONS: Contains ALIPHATIC HYDROCARBONS
Contents are COMBUSTIBLE. Keep away form heat, sparks and open flame.
Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area.
Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses when handling. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water for 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of respiratory difficulty, provide fresh air and call physician.
If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE
Contains solvents which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or reproductive harm.
Rags, steel wool and other waste soaked with oil finishes may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Place rags, steel wool and other waste immediately after use in a sealed, water-filled container. Dispose of in accordance with local fire regulations.
Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper lead containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.
DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish is a semi-transparent stain formulated to seal, color and provide exceptional durability when used on bare wood and masonry surfaces. This rich blend of oil and resin gives hardwood floors a soft, satiny sheen. Its unique formulation provides a surface that can be topcoated in two hours. DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish is available in existing DuraSeal® colors as well as many Certified Minwax® colors. It can be used with or without a finish coat, and is compatible with all DuraSeal® water-borne and oil-modified finish systems.
- Properly prepare floor according to NWFA specifications. Use a No.100 grit screen for the final screening cut.
- Remove all dust with a vacuum and tack surface with a clean cloth moistened with mineral spirits.
- Shake material thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Apply to a small test area before proceeding with the entire job to ensure desired color. If desired, DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish #110 Neutral can be used to lighten any standard DuraSeal® wood tone.
- Apply the first coat of DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish liberally with a brush, lambswool applicator or cloth at approximately 500 square feet per gallon.
- Allow to penetrate for 5-8 minutes, then remove excess by wiping with rags or by buffing with #2 steel wool. Removal of all excess material is essential to ensure proper dry time and adhesion of the finish coat.
- If desired, apply a thin second coat at a coverage rate of approximately 800 square feet per gallon. Allow to penetrate and remove excess material in the same manner as the first coat (step 3 above).
- Allow the final coat to dry at least 2 hours and apply a DuraSeal® finish coat of your choice.
Place rags, steel wool and other waste immediately after use in a sealed, water-filled metal container. See cautionary statement
Dry Time and Cure
Approximately 2-3 hours. Note: Dry time is based on conditions of 77° and 50% relative humidity.
First coat - approximately 500 square feet per gallon. Optional second coat - approximately 800 sq.ft. per gallon.
Application tools should be cleaned with mineral spirits or paint thinner immediately after use.
Regularly remove dust and dirt by sweeping or vacuuming. Periodic buffing will renew luster. Exceptionally worn areas may require an additional finish coat. Maintain floors sealed only with DuraSeal® Quick Coat Penetrating Finish with DuraSeal® Renovator Cleaner and Reconditioner.
Store at room temperature. If stored at high temperature, cool to room temperature before use. Keep from freezing.
|Type||Size||Prod. No.||Qty||PDS||GHS SDS|
|Density (lbs/gal)||6.9 - 7.5|
|% Solids||33 - 42|
|Viscosity - CPS||22 - 65|
|VOC||550 g/l or 4.6 lb/gal max.|