Penetrating Gym Treatment
Support DocumentsMSDS PDS
COMBUSTIBLE MIXTURE N.Y.F.D. C. OF A. NO.1187
Contains Mineral Spirits. Harmful or fatal if swallowed. Do not take internally. Skin irritant. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses when handling. Combustible. Avoid inhalation and use only with adequate ventilation If adequate ventilation cannot be maintained, wear respiratory protection (NIOSH/MSHA TC23C or equivalent) or leave the area. Do not use or store near heat, sparks, flame or other sources of ignition. Close container after each use.
Rags, steel wool and other waste soaked with oil finishes may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Place rags, steel wool and other waste immediately after use in a sealed, water filled metal container. Dispose of in accordance with local fire regulations.
If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. CALL PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. In case of eye contact, immediately flush eyes thoroughly with water, then remove any contact lenses. Continue to flush eyes with water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical attention. If affected by inhalation, immediately remove to fresh air. If symptoms persist, CALL PHYSICIAN.
DuraSeal® Penetrating Gym Treatment is a durable, long lasting, multi-purpose gym finish designed to withstand the most demanding activities - games, roller skating, dancing, cafeteria use and other multi-use or traffic functions. Easily maintained with DuraSeal® Renovator® Cleaner and Reconditioner.
- Properly prepare surface according to MFMA specifications.
- Use a No. 80 screen for final screening.
- Apply first coat of DuraSeal® Penetrating Gym Treatment with a lambs wool applicator at a coverage rate of approximately 500 square feet per gallon.
- Allow to penetrate 5 to 10 minutes. Remove all excess material by wet buffing with #2 steel wool until the surface is dry to the touch.
- Allow first coat to dry at least 8 hours.
- Apply a second coat of DuraSeal® Penetrating Gym Treatment in the same manner as the first and allow to dry at least 8 hours.
NOTE: The removal of excess material is imperative to ensure proper drying time and adhesion of game line paint.
- Apply Gameline paint according label directions.
- Allow paint to dry thoroughly.
- Abrade paint according to label directions.
- Tack with cloth dampened with water to remove dust.
Dry Time & Cure
Approximately 8 hours to overnight. Allow 48 hours before subjecting to heavy traffic. NOTE: Drying time will be increased by high humidity, low temperature, lack of air movement or inadequate removal of excess material.
Approximately 500 square feet per gallon.
Clean equipment with paint thinner, turpentine or mineral spirits.
Periodically remove loose dint with broom or vacuum. Periodic buffing will renew luster. When surface begins to show signs of wear, clean and reseal with DuraSeal® Renovator Cleaner and Reconditioner according to label directions. Resanding is not necessary.
|TREATMENT 5G (4.5)||5 GAL||85290000||1||MSDS||PDS|