DuraSeal® Gymthane® Waterbased Finish
Support DocumentsMSDS PDS
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
CONTAINS DIMETHYLETHANOLAMINE AND 1-METHYL-2-PYRROLIDONE. Contains material that may cause reproductive effects and may adversely affect the developing fetus based on animal data. Use with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air or wear respiratory protection (NOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using.
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
DuraSeal® Gymthane® Waterbased Finish is a superior quality, high gloss urethane finish designed specifically for gymnasium floors. It provides a rich amber look, very similar to that of traditional oil modified finish. It has fast dry times and good application characteristics. It resists rubber marks and scuffing, with the ease of water clean up.
Designed specifically for gymnasium floors.
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
PrecautionsSurface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, paint, wax, grease, polish, dirt and other foreign matter. Slight ambering may be experienced when applied over light-colored surfaces. Always spot test on an inconspicuous area to ensure satisfactory results.
- Properly prepare floor according to MFMA or approved methods. Use No. 120 grit screen for the final screening cut.
- Remove all dust with a broom or vacuum. Tack surface with a clean cloth moistened with water to remove any remaining dust.
- Apply two coats of DuraSeal® Gymthane® Waterbased Sealer according to label directions.
- Allow sealer to dry 1-2 hours before applying the second coat.
- Apply Gameline paint according label directions.
- Allow paint to dry thoroughly.
- Abrade paint according to label directions.
- Tack with cloth dampened with water to remove dust.
Finish ApplicationMake sure finish is at room temperature. Use a synthetic T Bar applicator dampened with water. Do not use the same applicator that was used for the sealer. For best results, apply with temperatures between 50 and 80 degrees, and humidity below 80%.
- Apply sealer according to label directions.
- Pour a 4-6 inch wide line of finish along the starting wall going with the grain.
- With the synthetic T Bar applicator pull the finish in a snowplow or squeegee method along the wall. As you approach the wall, turn the applicator and pad out excess finish parallel to the wet edge. Feather all turns, stopping and starting points.
- Allow fin ish to dry 2-3 hrs before applying next coat.
- If finish is allowed to dry for 24 hrs or more you must buff with a DuraSeal® Pre-Treat pad before applying the next coat.
- Apply the second coat in the same manner as the first.
Allow at least 2-3 hours drying between coats. Allow at least 24 hours for light traffic, although finish will be susceptible to scuffing and marring. Allow at least one week for heavy traffic. Note: Drying time will be increased by high humidity, low temperature, lack of air movement or applying the finish too heavily.
Clean application tools with warm water immediately after use. Store at room temperature. Keep from freezing. If frozen, warm to room temperature and mix thoroughly before use.
Nonephotochemically reactive. Do not thin.
|Resin type||Oil Modified Polyurethane Dispersion|
|Solvent||Water, 2-Methoxymethylethoxypropanol, Dimethylethanol Amine, 1-methyi-2-Pyrrolidone|
|Luster(@ 60°)||90 minimum||ASTM D 523|
|No. of coats||2 - 3|
Recoat: 2-3 hours;
Final coat: 24 hours (light use)
|ASTM D 1640 &
|Dry film thickness:||0.6 mil/coat|
|Flash point||>200°F (SETAFLASH°)||
ASTM D 3828
|VOC (grams/ liter)||275 maximum||ASTM D 3960|
|Coverage (sq. ftlgal)||Approx. 500|
|%Solids||29.0-31.0||ASTM D 2369|
|Ph||7.00 - 9.00|
|872-50-4||1-Methyl- 2 -Pyrrolidone|
|108-01 -0||Dimethylethanol Amine|