DuraSeal® Gymthane® Clear Court
Support DocumentsMSDS PDS
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. This product must be mixed with other components before use. Before opening the packages, READ AND FOLLOW WARNING LABELS ON ALL COMPONENTS. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY. NOT FOR RESIDENTIAL USE.
1-Methyi-2-Pyrrolidinone CONTAINS MATERIALTHAT MAY CAUSE ADVERSE REPRODUCTIVE EFFECTS AND MAY ADVERSELY AFFECT THE DEVELOPING FETUS BASED ON ANIMAL DATA. VAPOR HARMFUL. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH/MSHA TC23C or equivalent) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately. DELAYED EFFECTS FROM LONG TERM OVEREXPOSURE. Contains solvents, which can cause permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
DuraSeal® Gymthane® Clear Court Finish is a superior quality, two-component high gloss finish designed specifically for gymnasium floors. It provides a clear finish that resists rubber marks and scuffing, has excellent performance and durability, and is easily maintained.
Designed specifically for gymnasium floors.
WARNING! Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects, especially in children or pregnant women. Controlling exposure to lead or other hazardous substances requires the use of proper protective equipment, such as a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) and proper containment and cleanup. For more information, call the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD (in US) or contact your local health authority.
- Properly prepare floor according to MFMA or approved methods. Use No. 120 grit screen for the final screening cut.
- Remove all dust with a broom or vacuum. Tack surface with a clean cloth moistened with water to remove any remaining dust.
- Apply two coats of DuraSeal® Gymthane® Waterbased Sealer according to label directions.
- Allow sealer to dry 1-2 hours before applying the second coat.
- Apply Gameline paint according label directions.
- Allow paint to dry thoroughly.
- Abrade paint according to label directions.
- Tack with cloth dampened with water to remove dust.
- While stirring finish, slowly pour in crosslinker.
- Continue stirring finish for one minute.
- Crosslinked finish must be used within 48 hours or will need to be re-crosslinked.
- Do not re-crosslink more than once.
- Do not use re-crosslinked material past 48 hours.
- Do not use without crosslinker.
Finish ApplicationMake sure finish is at room temperature. Use a synthetic T Bar applicator dampened with water. Do not use the same applicator that was used for the sealer. For best results, apply with temperatures between 50 and 80 degrees, and humidity below 80%.
- Apply sealer according to label directions.
- Pour a 4-6 inch wide line of finish along the starting wall going with the grain.
- With the synthetic T Bar applicator pull the finish in a snowplow or squeegee method along the wall. As you approach the wall, turn the applicator and pad out excess finish parallel to the wet edge. Feather all turns, stopping and starting points.
- Allow fin ish to dry 2-3 hrs before applying next coat.
- If finish is allowed to dry for 24 hrs or more you must buff with a DuraSeal® Pre-Treat pad before applying the next coat.
- Apply the second coat in the same manner as the first.
Approximately 500-700 square feet per gallon.
Allow at least 2-3 hours drying between coats. Allow at least 24 hours for light traffic, although finish will be susceptible to scuffing and marring. Allow at least one week for heavy traffic. Note: Drying time will be increased by high humidity, low temperature, lack of air movement or applying the finish too heavily.
Store at room temperature. Keep from freezing. If frozen, warm to room temperature and mix thoroughly before use. For easy cleanup, use warm water immediately after use.
|2 Pack Crosslinker||10 OZ||855130000||1||MSDS||PDS|
Nonephotochemically reactive. Do not thin.
|Resin type||Urethane/ Acrylic|
|Luster(@ 60°)||90 minimum||ASTM D 523|
|No. of coats||2|
|Dry-time||Recoat: 2-3 hours||ASTM D 1640 &
|Flash point||>200°F (SETAFLASH°)||
ASTM D 3828
|Applicator||Synthetic T Bar|
|VOC (grams/ liter)||275 maximum||ASTM D 3960|
|Coverage (sq. ftlgal)||500-700|
|%Solids||32.5||ASTM D 2369|
|Viscosity (centipoises)||75 cps (max)|
|872-50-4||1 -Methyl- 2 -Pyrrolidone|