Support DocumentsMSDS PDS GHS SDS
WARNING: IRRITATES EYES AND SKIN.
Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses when handling. Wash thoroughly after use.
Contains dimethylethanolamine and 1-methyl-2-pyrrolidone. Contains material that may cause reproductive effects and may adversely affect the developing fetus based on animal data. Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid overexposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage. FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
Keep out of reach of children.
For professional use only.
DuraSeal® Waterbased Polyurethane is a single component urethane resin that provides the look and durability of traditional oil based polyurethane. Its unique technology applies as easily as DuraSeal® Polyurethane with the ease of water cleanup.
New Natural Floors
Sand and prepare floor according to NWFA recommended methods. Finish sanding with a 120 or 150 grit screen. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water-dampened cloth to remove all dust. Apply 2 coats of DuraSeal® Super Base Sealer or DuraSeal® Quick Dry Sealer. Apply 1-2 coats of DuraSeal® Waterbased Polyurethane Floor Finish.
New Stained Floors
Sand and prepare floor according to NWFA recommended methods. Finish sanding with a 100 grit screen. Do not use steel wool. Apply DuraSeal® Penetrating Stain or DuraSeal® Quick Coat according to label directions. Apply 2 coats of DuraSeal® Super Base Sealer or DuraSeal® Quick Dry Sealer. Apply 1-2 coats of DuraSeal® Waterbased Polyurethane Floor Finish.
Previously Finished Floors
Note: Do not apply over wax, lacquer, stains or shellac containing wax or stearates. Be certain floor is free from all wax or oily residue. Clean and abrade floor using the DuraSeal® Pre-Treat System. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water-dampened cloth to remove all dust. Apply 2 coats of DuraSeal® Waterbased Polyurethane. DuraSeal® Waterbased Polyurethane will adhere to most stains and finishes after proper preparation. ALWAYS PREPARE A SAMPLE OR TEST AREA TO DETERMINE COMPATIBILITY.
Be certain all material is at room temperature. Shake container vigorously for 10 seconds or rock container at least 10-12 times to properly mix contents. Use a synthetic bar applicator to provide the smoothest finish. Best results are achieved when ambient temperatures are between 50 and 90 F, and humidity below 80%. This product will amber upon application; avoid use over white stain. If applying to white oak use DuraSeal® Super Base Sealer.
- Pour a 5 - 6" wide line of finish along the starting wall, going with the grain of the wood.
- Using a clean, dampened applicator, draw the finish toward the opposite wall going with the grain of the wood. Holding the applicator at a "snowplow" angle will maintain a wet edge at all times.
- As you approach the end of the run, turn the applicator toward you and pad out excess material parallel to the wet edge.
- Feather out all turns.
- APPLY DURASEAL® WATERBASED POLYURETHANE AT 500 SQ.FT. PER GALLON TO ACHIEVE PROPER FILM BUILD AND PREVENT LAPPING AND APPLICATOR MARKS.
- Allow first coat to dry 2-3 hours. EXTENDED DRY TIME IS REQUIRED WITH HIGH HUMIDITY AND LOW TEMPERATURE CONDITIONS.
- Abrade floor lightly with a used DuraSeal® Pre-Treat pad. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water-dampened cloth to remove all dust. Abrading is not required for additional coats if the finish is applied within 24 hours of the previous coat.
Dry Time and Cure
- Recoat time: 2-3 hours between coats
- Light foot traffic is acceptable after 24 hours
- Allow one week before exposing finish to rugs, cleaners, spills or heavy traffic
Apply at 500 sq.ft. per gallon
Application tools should be cleaned with warm water immediately after use.
Use walk-off mats at all entrance doorways to keep dirt and grit to a minimum. Sweep or vacuum daily and damp wipe as needed with DuraSeal® Hardwood Floor Cleaner. Do not use all-purpose cleaner/degreaser products.
Store at room temperature. If stored at high temperature, cool to room temperature before use. Keep from freezing. If frozen, slowly warm to room temperature and mix thoroughly before using.
|Type||Size||Prod. No.||Qty||MSDS||PDS||GHS SDS|
|Density (lbs/gal)||8.77 - 8.82|
|Viscocity||100 - 180 centipoise|
|% Solids||30.0 - 31.0|
|pH||7 - 9|
|VOC||275 g/l or 2.3 lb/gal max.|
|Flash Point||Greater than 200F Pensky-Martens Method ASTM D-93|